Roman Hills & Castelgandolfo
This tour will first take you to the medieval town of Castel Gandolfo, where the Popes' have kept their summer residence for centuries. The name comes from the castle built by the Gandolfi family in the twelfth century.
Starting from your hotel in Rome we stroll the hills around Rome. The countryside around Rome are delicious; rolling hills and verdant plains, studded with farmhouses, villas and palaces of the era, up to the Lake of Albano, located in the crater of an extinct volcano. We will stop in the small medieval village overlooking the lake to enjoy a quiet walk towards that, which was the summer residence of the Popes for several centuries. In fact, the Papal residence and its gardens are part of the Papal States.
The Castelli Romani are one of the busiest tourist areas of the province of Rome. The famous Ville Tuscolane that arise in the towns of Frascati, Grottaferrata and the papal villa in Castel Gandolfo, are the best known and most obvious proof of the preference that popes and wealthy Roman nobles had due to the climate of the hills.
Our driver will take you to a nice local trattoria where you enjoy a traditional Italian meal, pizza or salad. After lunch we will return to Rome along the ancient Appian way, which was the first ancient roman military road.
- ROMAN HILLS & CASTELGANDOLFO -RATES
- 270.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 2 PEOPLE
- 300.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 4 PEOPLE
- 330.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 6 PEOPLE
- 370.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 8 PEOPLE
- 300.00 EUROS FOR THE PRIVATE LICENSED GUIDE FOR 6 Hours
- 5% Senior Discount For the Over 65
We can modify your tour in any way to meet your complete satifaction
Night Surcharge (22.00 – 6.30am): 10% per Vehicle.
Our rates include all taxes, tolls and parking
Duration of this daytrip: 6 hours.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The vehicle will escort you for the entire tour.
- Our rates do not include private tour guide, entrance fees or meals.
- All rates are quoted in the Euro and are only payable in the Euro currency, at the end of the services.
- Tips are not included in our rates and are not mandatory. Normal tips range between 5-10% depending on your satisfaction.