Pisa - San Gimignano
This day excursion is designed for those who wish to enjoy the highlights of Pisa & San Gimignano. Your English speaking driver will meet you at your hotel or pick up location in Rome with the requested vehicle to begin this day trip excursion to the small city of Pisa and San Gimignano.
You will spend a portion of your morning at the Leaning Tower and the main square of Pisa, Piazza dei Miracoli. The Cathedral, amasterpies of Romanesque Art and the Baptistery.
Then we're off to San Gimignano the famous town of the "fine towers". This mediaeval jewel is one of the main tourist attractions in the region. It rises on a one-thousand feet high hill and its towers dominate the Elsa River Valley (Val D'Elsa). Like many other towns in the area, also San Gimignano originates from a small Etruscan village (300-200 BC). It developed then into a town in the 10th century and was named after the Holy Bishop of Modena, St. Gimignano, who saved the village from the barbarians.
The town owes its wealth and importance to the fact that it was on a medieval route (Via Francigena) that linked France with Rome, and was travelled by pilgrims and merchants. Once in San Gimignano you will have all the time you need to see the highlights.
Return to Rome in the late afternoon.
- PISA - SAN GIMIGNANO - RATES
- 575.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 2 PEOPLE
- 625.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 4 PEOPLE
- 650.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 6 PEOPLE
- 700.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 8 PEOPLE
- 5% Senior Discount For the Over 65
We can modify your tour in any way to meet your complete satifaction
Night Surcharge (22.00 – 6.30am): 10% per Vehicle.
Our rates include all taxes, tolls and parking
Duration of this daytrip: 11 hours.
- Comfortable walking shoes and suitable dress for an excursion to the mountains above 1000 meters are recommended.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulders.
- Our driver will go at your pace and will allow all the time you need to visit the sites with NO RUSHING as in group tours.
- Pisa is wheelchair accessible.
- Doesn't include Lunch, Private Tour Guide, Meals, Entrance fees and Gratuities.
- Please note that the order of the itinerary might change.
- The vehicle will escort you for the entire tour.
- All rates are quoted in the Euro and are only payable in the Euro currency, at the end of the services.
- Tips are not included in our rates and are not mandatory. Normal tips range between 5-10% depending on your satisfaction.