Chianti wine tasting tour
Our English speaking driver will be at the gang way of your ship or pick up location where we will proceed towards the beautiful countryside of the Chianti region, and then on what they call the "Wine Road", between vineyards and olive trees. We'll reach Greve in Chianti, the small village, named after the nearby river, it expanded very much during the 14th & 15th centuries.
We'll see Piazza Matteotti with its porticoes, the church of Santa Croce, the San Francesco convent and a series of tiny, shops and wine-cellars. One of the most famous is the butcher shop Falorni, which has been located in this piazza for 500 years. You can have samples of many of their locally produced products. Many famous people from Hollywood order beef, salami, and ham here. In Greve there is also the wine cellar called "Le Cantine" where you will be able to taste more than 100 different wines, olive oils, vin santo and grappa, all produced in the Chianti area. It's really a showcase for the Tuscany region's wines and products.
After Greve, we depart for the magnificent Castle of Verrazzano, found on top of a gorgeous hill between Florence and Siena in the heart of the Chianti Classic wine production area. Together with the world famous wines, all the various products of the farm can be tasted, including olive oil, salted meats, wild boar sausage and the area's other typical specialities.
- CHIANTI WINE TASTING TOUR - RATES
- 500.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 2 PEOPLE
- 550.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 4 PEOPLE
- 600.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 6 PEOPLE
- 650.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 8 PEOPLE
- 5% Senior Discount For the Over 65
We can modify your tour in any way to meet your complete satifaction
Night Surcharge (22.00 – 6.30am): 10% per Vehicle.
Our rates include all taxes, tolls and parking
Duration of this daytrip: 9 hours.
- Wine Tasting Expenses: Guided visit of the Castle (in English) + Wine tasting = about 18.00 € (euro) per person
- Comfortable walking shoes and suitable dress for an excursion to the mountains above 1000 meters are recommended.
- Our driver will go at your pace and will allow all the time you need to visit the sites with NO RUSHING as in group tours.
- Doesn't include Lunch, Private Tour Guide, Meals, Entrance fees and gratuities.
- Please note that the order of the itinerary might change.
- The vehicle will escort you for the entire tour.
- All rates are quoted in the Euro and are only payable in the Euro currency, at the end of the services.
- Tips are not included in our rates and are not mandatory. Normal tips range between 5-10% depending on your satisfaction.