Siena - San Gimignano
Your English speaking driver will meet you at the gang way of your ship or pick up location in Livorno with the requested vehicle to begin this day trip excursion to Siena and San Gimignano.
Siena is the embodiment of a medieval city. Throughout the centuries, the inhabitants preserved their city's Gothic appearance, acquired between the 12th and 15th centuries. The whole city of Siena, built around the Piazza del Campo, was devised as a work of art that blends into the surrounding landscape. Siena is certainly the place in Italy where the traditions and the way of life inherited from a prestigious history have been kept alive.
Then we're off to San Gimignano the famous town of the "fine towers". This mediaeval jewel is one of the main tourist attractions in the region. It rises on a one-thousand feet high hill and its towers dominate the Elsa River Valley (Val D'Elsa). Like many other towns in the area, also San Gimignano originates from a small Etruscan village (300-200 BC). It developed then into a town in the 10th century and was named after the Holy Bishop of Modena, St. Gimignano, who saved the village from the barbarians.
The town owes its wealth and importance to the fact that it was on a medieval route (Via Francigena) that linked France with Rome, and was travelled by pilgrims and merchants. Once in San Gimignano you will have all the time you need to see the highlights.
Return to the ship in the late afternoon.
- SIENA - SAN GIMIGNANO - RATES
- 500.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 2 PEOPLE
- 550.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 4 PEOPLE
- 600.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 6 PEOPLE
- 650.00 EUROS FOR UP TO 8 PEOPLE
- 5% Senior Discount For the Over 65
We can modify your tour in any way to meet your complete satifaction
Night Surcharge (22.00 – 6.30am): 10% per Vehicle.
Our rates include all taxes, tolls and parking
Duration of this daytrip: 9 hours.
- Comfortable walking shoes and suitable dress for an excursion.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulders.
- Our driver will go at your pace and will allow all the time you need to visit the sites with NO RUSHING as in group tours.
- Siena is wheelchair accessible.
- Doesn't include Lunch, Private Tour Guide, Meals, Entrance fees and gratuities.
- Please note that the order of the itinerary might change.
- The vehicle will escort you for the entire tour.
- Our rates do not include private tour guide or meals.
- All rates are quoted in the Euro and are only payable in the Euro currency, at the end of the services.
- Tips are not included in our rates and are not mandatory. Normal tips range between 5-10% depending on your satisfaction.